Around the campsite
Activities in Esparron-de-Verdon
Discover a wide range of activities during your stay
A pretty region in the south of France, Provence-Alpe-Côte-d’Azur offers a variety of landscapes, mountainous and maritime, with breathtaking azure waters. To discover this little corner of paradise, Camping le Soleil welcomes you to its 4-star campsite offering mobile home, unusual accommodation or pitch rental (tent, camper van or caravan).
Our establishment is ideally located, on the banks of Lake Esparron-de-Verdon and close to the region’s most beautiful towns. Ready for adventure? Camping le Soleil tells you what you can do in and around Esparron-de-Verdon!
Things to do in Esparron-de-Verdon
This year, you’re looking for a holiday in the sun. You’ve decided to discover Provence-Alpes-Côte-d’Azur and all the treasures it has to offer. Camping le Soleil offers rental accommodation for your stay in the south of France. Our campsite is located in a pretty commune in the Alpes-de-Haute-Provence department, where you’ll find the perfect activity for all the family! Discover the many things to do at the lake and in the surrounding area:
- Discover the lake at Esparron-de-Verdon: just a stone’s throw from the campsite, the lake offers you its natural beauty with its azure waters and surrounding greenery. You can take a guided cruise to learn more about the history of the area, or hire a motorboat.
- Water sports: lakes are synonymous with water sports. And there’s plenty to do: canoeing, kayaking, paddle-boarding, windsurfing, rowing and many other sports are available on the lake at Esparron-de-Verdon! There is also a sailing club (CNEV).
- Enjoy other types of sports as a family with children or friends: hiking, botanical trails, pony or horse rides, mountain bike circuits, road bikes or electric bikes, climbing walls…
Morning craft markets in Esparron-de-Verdon
The Provence-Alpes-Côte-d’Azur region is packed with things to do with children or as a romantic getaway, both in terms of leisure activities and historical heritage, but there are also craft markets not to be missed. Before embarking on an activity in Esparron-de-Verdon, take advantage of the local producers and their wonders in and around the town every morning:
- Monday: Forcalquier
- Tuesday: Gréoux-les-Bains
- Wednesday: Riez, Digne-les-Bains, Castellane and Aups
- Thursday: Gréoux-les-Bains and Germany in Provence
- Friday: Esparron-de-Verdon, Quinson and Moustier Sainte-Marie
- Saturday: Riez, Digne-les-Bains, Manosque, Valensole and Aups
- Sunday: Vinon-sur-Verdon, Bauduen and Régusse
Haven’t you found an activity in Esparron-de-Verdon that appeals to you? Or would you like to introduce your children or your other half to the sublime landscapes of Provence-Alpes-Côte-d’Azur? There are many towns to discover in the area, with activities for all ages:
- Quinson (10 km) and Saint-Laurent-du-Verdon: Quinson gives you access to the Basses Gorges du Verdon, its sublime lake and its Gorges du Verdon Prehistory Museum. Ideal for children!
- Gréoux-les-Bains (15 km): in this spa town, you’ll take a real step back in time as you explore a medieval Provencal village.
- Sainte-Croix-du-Verdon (24 km): another Provencal village, Sainte-Croix-du-Verdon also boasts an azure-coloured lake that will amaze young and old alike.
- Manosque (30 km): a town rich in history, Manosque transports you into the culture of wine and literature.
- Gorges du Verdon (60 km): closer to Esparron-de-Verdon, you can admire the Hautes Gorges du Verdon. Alternatively, explore the region to discover the other gorges and their breathtaking scenery.
- Valensole: the town offers you its historical and cultural heritage, but above all the opportunity to bathe in a field of lavender in flower in the summer months.
Visiting Provence-Alpes-Côte-d’Azur? Enjoy an activity in Esparron-de-Verdon! And to relax after a day full of discoveries and leisure activities, come to Camping le Solei
Whether you’re looking for fully-equipped accommodation or spacious pitches, you’ll be warmly welcomed during your stay in the south of France. You’ll have a comfortable base from which to visit Esparron-de-Verdon and the surrounding towns (Saint-Laurent-du-Verdon, Sainte-Croix-du-Verdon, the Gorges du Verdon, Quinson…). After your beach holiday, don’t hesitate to leave us a review of the accommodation, entertainment and activities on offer!